Friday, August 1, 2014

Stuffed bell peppers for a new month!

  August 1st! I can hardly believe it! Where has the year gone! Well August is going to be MY month. I plan on hitting some big goals. Personal and fitness! I've already felt like I've hit some pretty fantastic goals this year so far! So looking forward to the rest of this year!

  Well anyways, to get to the STUFFED PEPPERS! I wanted to die over these! They were so tastey, crisp, and filling!
Let's start with what you'll need! 

6 bell peppers
1lb of ground bison
1/4 white onion
2 cups chopped broccoli
1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup of the healthiest marinara you can find! (simple ingredients!)
1/4 cup feta for topping
2 tbsp garlic
Salt, pepper, mrs dash origional, cinnamon. I do this to taste. (test time!) 


1. Preheat oven to 325*, cut tops of peppers and take out the seeds and stuff!
2. Cook quinoa as directed in a rice cooker. It's usually done cooking before the timer is done!
3. Sauté the white onion until almost clear, add broccoli and garlic. Cook till softened. Season with salt and pepper. 
4. Set aside the onion and broccoli to brown the bison, sprinkle with mrs dash and cinnamon. 
5. Once everything is done cooking combine in a bowl( make sure you take a taste test of the mixture! 😜)  stuff your peppers and leave a little room at the top for the marinara and garnish with the feta! 
6. Bake for about 35-45 mins. At the end I broiled it for about 2 mins! Super easy! I hope you enjoy!
    ENJOY! 💦👅


No comments:

Post a Comment