Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A yummy find!



Margarita Chicken Taco

This week I had every intention to whip up a ton of new fun recipes, and I totally got consumed in getting life ready for the school year. I did manage to try a new recipe I found in a magazine yesterday though. It was meant for shrimp, but we don't do much shrimp, and the taco part... was a whim! Totally turned out to be the YUMMIEST dinner ever!  You ready to have your taste buds light up with deliciousness?! Okay... here we go:

1/2 cup 100% Agave Tequila
6 Tbsp fresh lime juice (about 4 limes) and the zest of one lime
6 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
4 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Tbsp raw honey
1 Jalepeno pepper seeded and minced
2 Lbs of chicken breasts
Whole wheat tortillas (preferably high fiber)
Homemade guacamole (I'll add that recipe down below!)
Sour cream, shredded cheese, spinach  for topping(optional)

For the chicken, make sure you marinate it for at least 1-3 hours. After it was nice and set, I tossed them in the over at 375* for about 45 mins WITH the juice of the marinade. You can also crock pot the chicken after its sat in the marinade. Then you have the option for a shredded chicken! 

For the Guacamole:
3 Avocados
1 Tbsp sour cream
1 Tbsp NATURAL mayo
1 small on the vine tomato
1/4 of a white onion
5 small limes
1 small lemon
Salt pepper and garlic to taste

For this, its quite obvious. Slice and dice all the goods, and smoosh it up with a fork to the consistency you like. I enjoy a chunky guac, so I slice and lightly smoosh!

This was VERY simple, took just 60 mins from oven to plate. Chicken is moist, and incredibly flavorful. Give it a try and let me know how you like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment