Sunday, July 19, 2015

I pinky promised!

   Who knew I would be able to jump back in just like I wanted to? I sure wasn't expecting to be blessed with some extra time, and commitment!

   In my last blog post I decided it was time to get into the kitchen and mess around with some FOOD! I love being able to come up with SUPER quick healthy food choices, and I love even more when I can share them with you! I rarely look for recipes, I aim to be as authentic as possible! So forgive me if you have a version of these already, but Heck, someones gotta share these things!

   First recipe will be my Bell pepper sliders! OH my, melt in my mouth and gimme all the food! I was so pleased how they turned out, and they literally look less then 10 mins to make. This recipe is for those who want a quick in and out recipe!

Heres what you're going to need:

1 can of chicken in water, do drain it! (low sodium if you can find it. I know kroger has a great choice!)
1/4 of a red onion, diced
Sliced and diced Jalepenos
diced tomatoes
2.5 bell peppers (I used red yellow and orange, dice the 1/2 of one!)
4tbsp Just Mayo- Chipotle flavor ( best mayo in your life!)

1. section out your 2 bell peppers to make little boats out of them, clean them up of membranes and seeds.
2. toss chicken, mayo, red onion, jalepenos, tomatoes, and the diced pepper into a bowl and mix well until blended.
3. scoop about 2tbsp into each little boat. should make about 6-8 boats loaded with chicken and goodies! Garnish with cilantro and avocado if you choose to! See Easy peasy!

So I almost promised I would give you guys my GUILT free peanut cup! this is also super easy to make. Took me about 15-20 mins total. 

This made 6 pb cups.  about 140cals per cup! 

8tbsp of coconut oil, 2 scoops vegan chocolate shakeo, and pb., cupcake foil cups.

Split that coconut oil in half. Melt by microwaving it for about 20 seconds, mix up one scoop of shakeology in that bad boy until smooth pour into cupcake foils. Pop in the freezer for about 5 mins. when that time is up add about 1 tsp of peanut butter to each one, melt the other half of coconut oil, add the second scoop of shakeology, mix till smooth, pour over the top of the peanut butter, and pop back into the freezer for about 10 mins. They will be ready to eat! I store mine in the freezer so they dont melt. SO good and a pretty good treat if you want to keep it clean and healthy! Can't beat getting a lil superfood in with your treat! Enjoy!


1 comment: