Thursday, July 17, 2014

Spaghetti Squash served with a side of Accountability!

   Funny title right? Catches your attention a little bit...hopefully!  Nothing more fun then sharing the most popular meal in my house along with my secret weapon to how I managed to lose 25 lb. and over 25 inches from my body! 

   Its no secret how I gained the weight. LIFE. It kinda just sneaks up on you when you get busy, or when you have babies. Everyone has a story on how they got to where they were. Everyone also has their story of when enough was enough. I'll share mine with you on another day! The biggest thing that helped me.... Accountability. I had people rooting and cheering for ME. It wasn't just that they were trying to keep my spirits up, they genuinely wanted me to succeed! Nothing felt more awesome then a bunch of woman, and a few good men who empowered me (and many others) to do the best I can. Get this though... all this.. was done in a group setting. The MORE the MERRIER! It was amazing to see my journey unfold, their journey unfold, and how much success was being made just by simply sharing daily our triumphs, trials, and "wanna be" failures. Everyone always seems to get back up after a fallout.  There is something about having the encouragement from people you know and love, and total strangers who love you anyways that makes you want to keep going. Mostly because you feel like you're changing their lives too. And to be honest, You are!  Eventually you fall in love with the feeling of helping people, and them helping you! Its one of the reasons i'm a coach! Positively changing lives, and helping them find more to their worth, and that they are allowed to make time for themselves is the most rewarding feeling one can experience. If you don't have an accountability partner, I encourage you to find one! Or Heck, find a coach! Someone who is willing to be honest with you, help you make realistic goals, and someone who will hold you to it through good times and bad! Kinda like a marriage, but with a healthy lifestyle! 

             "Accountability: The glue that ties the commitment to the results!"- Bob Proctor

   NOW, back to what I love most... FOOD! I am literally obsessed with this recipe. Its like a big bowl of comfort food! It just popped into my head one night and I about died when it hit my lips! Plus its like the EASIEST recipe in the whole wide world. This typically feeds 3 of us. 2 adults, 1 child.

Heres what you need:
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 8 cooked slices of nitrate free, uncured bacon ( turkey or pork is up to you!)
- 3 cups broccoli (we sometimes sub for brussels)
- 2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, maybe a dash of garlic if you would like
- Your favorite hot sauce (optional) 

How to make it:
- Slice the Squash in half, and Bake at 375* for about 30-40 mins. In the meantime pan fry the bacon or on a griddle if thats how you like it. Once it's done set it aside on a paper towel to soak up the left over fat. When there is about 5-10 mins left on the squash, I would start to sauté the broccoli in the olive oil. Once your squash is done use a fork to scrape out the inside so its long and noodle like, add to your pan with the broccoli, crumble the bacon on top, mix and you're Done! If you wanna get real fancy, add an egg cooked to your liking, and its delish' for Morning noon and night! You welcome! :) 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment