Sunday, January 18, 2015

Memories

Boy do I have a special for YOU today! I found a wicked old recipe I was never able to blog about because I didnt have one then! But now I can consume your brain with TAPIOCA. But the healthy kind! Yes... yes this is possible. So here is what you will need...



1cup coconut milk
1cup almond milk
A heaping 1/3 cup chia seeds
2tbsp honey
1tsp of vanilla extract

Shake all ingredients up, and let sit in the fridge! Tastes just like tapioca to me! A lot of people also call this chia seed pudding, the flavor and texture remind me of the better stuff! 
 your welcome! 

Tapioca has been a long time favorite of mine. Mostly because I remember how yummy it was whenever my dad made it. He always made it so good, and made sure we ate it while it nice and warm. Now my recipe isn't warm, and i've not tried it warmed, but I'm sure it would be delicious. It brings back some fun memories standing by my daddy and smiling hoping I get the first taste. Maybe one day, if i'm lucky, i can get him to make me some warm tapioca and we can sit and be grown ups and have talks about life together with a warm latte. Because that too brings me lots and lots of good memories with my daddy! :)

Here's a lil did you know for the moment. My recipe calls for the yummy and healthy chia seeds... yes I'm singing the dang song too. 



Chia seeds are an unprocessed, whole-grain food that can be absorbed by the body as seeds (unlike flaxseeds). One ounce (about 2 tablespoons) contains 139 calories, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams fat, 12 grams carbohydrates and 11 grams of fiber, plus vitamins and minerals.


so in case anyone's wondering, i'm headed into my 3rd week of Insanity Max 30! This week the soreness really hit me. especially yesterday. I ended up taking both Saturday and sunday as a rest day and plan on hitting it back hard tomorrow. Loving the results, love the meals, and love love love the way my body is feeling. Its amazing how much change can happen in just 3 short weeks. Mostly on the inside, but thats where the magic happens. I haven't felt this good since.... I dunno about a year ago before I started struggling with energy. 

So i'm sure some have not seen or heard the update. We are all moved in, just waiting (still) on the last of our furniture. I'm dying to decorate the walls, but I'll get more of a feel for what I want once everything here. I do know what I want my office to look like though. I'm day dreaming of a cherry blossom pink, with gold and glitter, and just a splash of turquoise! So very girl, so very me. I love this job that I do, and I feel its deserved to be in an environment that makes me happy. 

To close, i'm super happy to be home. My husband loves it here (which he said he would never live here in a million years!) and my family seems to be way happier with the new change. We're dealing with a few small things, but that comes with the territory of finding a new normal with such a complex family history.  But oddly, i'm ok with it, and I KNOW its all worth it and this is where i'm supposed to be.  

"its Beautiful that your heart doesn't beat fast about the same things my heart beats over."- Restless: you were made for MORE



No comments:

Post a Comment